A30t each extruders calibration

janofam

A30t each extruders calibration

Post by janofam » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi,
Need help with some details how to change value on each extruders motors? E0, E1, E2 ?? (E1 over extruded, E2 is under extruded)
How do it??
I see in smatto motor tool v1.2 that is set to E390 only, what does mean?
Any help with this content if possible step by step will appreciate.
Thanks
Janofam

kokko3d

Re: A30t each extruders calibration

Post by kokko3d » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:49 pm

same problem here... tried everything but nothing seems to work!!!!!
weeee neeed helpppppp!!!!!!

rotormansa

Post by rotormansa » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:37 am

The firmware and smarto tool does not allow for each extruder to have unique calibration figures. Certainly a short coming of the printer if folks want to replace one extruder. In reality all three extruders (gearing and motors) have to be exactly the same. If they are not then you may be out of luck unless smart enough to figure out gcode to recalibrate individually.

I ran across this on my new A30T back in March. I was calibrating but found only one extruder in the smarto tools. Opening a case on the Geeetech website got me the answer in one day. Not sure if you don't purchase directly from Geeetech if you can actually post cases or not, but if you can that is were you get quick answers.

I don't know how often Geeetech folks monitor the forum.

My A30T is an OK printer. Not great, but it is ok. I purchased it because of the print size it supports, not because of multi-color. The price difference between since vs mixing head wasn't much money so I opted for the 30T. My I3-Pro, which is nearly 5 years old, works great and out of the box is a better designed printer. I've spent two months tweaking the A30T and now get OK prints. I moved the extruders very close to the hot end, added stabilization bars for the vertical risers and created cabling guides to prevent entanglement in printed items. Moving the extruders and shortening the teflon tubes helped a great deal with stringing. I've also abandoned Cura, much better results from Prusaslicer.

Those are my two cents worth... good luck.

kokko3d

Post by kokko3d » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:39 am

my problem is different....
i have changed all 3 the extruder and i want a new e step value for all 3 the extruders... but when i change it it changes only extruder 0
the other 2 extruders are still with the old value.. so they are not working with my new extruders...

kokko3d

Post by kokko3d » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:40 am

rotormansa wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:37 am
The firmware and smarto tool does not allow for each extruder to have unique calibration figures. Certainly a short coming of the printer if folks want to replace one extruder. In reality all three extruders (gearing and motors) have to be exactly the same. If they are not then you may be out of luck unless smart enough to figure out gcode to recalibrate individually.

I ran across this on my new A30T back in March. I was calibrating but found only one extruder in the smarto tools. Opening a case on the Geeetech website got me the answer in one day. Not sure if you don't purchase directly from Geeetech if you can actually post cases or not, but if you can that is were you get quick answers.

I don't know how often Geeetech folks monitor the forum.

My A30T is an OK printer. Not great, but it is ok. I purchased it because of the print size it supports, not because of multi-color. The price difference between since vs mixing head wasn't much money so I opted for the 30T. My I3-Pro, which is nearly 5 years old, works great and out of the box is a better designed printer. I've spent two months tweaking the A30T and now get OK prints. I moved the extruders very close to the hot end, added stabilization bars for the vertical risers and created cabling guides to prevent entanglement in printed items. Moving the extruders and shortening the teflon tubes helped a great deal with stringing. I've also abandoned Cura, much better results from Prusaslicer.

Those are my two cents worth... good luck.
my problem is different....
i have changed all 3 the extruder and i want a new e step value for all 3 the extruders... but when i change it it changes only extruder 0
the other 2 extruders are still with the old value.. so they are not working with my new extruders...

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:40 am

Hi,
You can change the E steps/mm, like the picture below, that will change all the extruders.
Attachments
A30系列修改E电机传动比.png
A30系列修改E电机传动比.png (1.86 MiB) Viewed 23319 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

kokko3d

Post by kokko3d » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:51 pm

tat''s the firt thing I have done..
but didn't work for me..
I fixed mine setting the flow at 35% and saved wit M500 gcode.. it worked on all the extruders

kokko3d

Post by kokko3d » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:55 pm

William wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:40 am
Hi,
You can change the E steps/mm, like the picture below, that will change all the extruders.
tat''s the firt thing I have done..
but didn't work for me..
I fixed mine setting the flow at 35% and saved wit M500 gcode.. it worked on all the extruders

when you change that value only the first extruder will be affected.. at least on my 3d printer...

janofam

Post by janofam » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:58 am

Thanks rotormansa.
That's not good news at all. It seems that the Geeetech has a very wishful attitude towards electronics :( and always use 3 filaments (extruders)
to print ! :x . Each motor must have its own step settings.
What if u want print only one color ? Faux pas!!

janofam

Post by janofam » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:15 am

Hi William,
Yes, I know about this settings but still is missing two motors ;) .
It looks like only a few people have this problem because no one else asks about it :roll:.
Thanks anyway if u will know something, let us know.