I3 Pro W not extruding properly while printing

PapaBozAFG

I3 Pro W not extruding properly while printing

Post by PapaBozAFG » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:10 am

Hi All this is my first 3D printer and I am having trouble getting anything to print properly. I am using PLA filament and I have a job setup in EasyPrint 3D but when I go to print it just doesn't work right. First I had to work through the nozzle starting to high off the heat bed and now when it goes to the 2nd layer it just doesn't print right. It looks like my extruder isn't feeding filament properly during print but when I manually control the extruder it feeds fine in both directions. I have played with the settings quite a bit but it still won't really print properly. Can anyone help me out?

****Quick update, I made an adjustment to the Z axis to change the step to 400 for my threaded rod. That has helped travel. I have also adjusted the feed screw to make the extruder grab more on the filament and I have tuned the speed to 200% but I still can't get it to feed properly when printing. It seems to feed just fine when I do it manually from EasyPrint but will just sputter out the filament when trying to run a print job.

Echointhewin

Re: I3 Pro W not extruding properly while printing

Post by Echointhewin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:08 am

Have you leveled the bed?

Thoth

Re: I3 Pro W not extruding properly while printing

Post by Thoth » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:57 am

So, late to the party, but investigate the voltage on your stepper motor drivers - if they are down around .800 volts, you'll want to bump them up to about 1 volt. search the forum - there's an article on this but I don't have the link handy. Make sure you have a multimeter, and if you have shakey hands, use a ceramic or hard plastic tip screw driver. This resolved a lot of odd extrusion issues I had.