3DTouch Doesn't work as an endstop

ada_f

3DTouch Doesn't work as an endstop

Post by ada_f » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:05 am

I'm using a Geeetech i3 Pro C with a Geeetech 3DTouch sensor. I resoldered the required header from 2 to 3 pins to allow me to use the sensor, as it says to here https://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php ... ing_Sensor. I uploaded the firmware provided here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17046, labeled "Getech i3 pro C (Marlin 1.1.8 for all)" using the Arduino IDE version 1.8.5. I replaced the default Configuration.h file with the one that was in the "3dtouch_config" folder. I know that it is at least partially working, as I am not allowed to home Z until I first home X and Y, and when homing Z the print head moves over to the other side of the bed. However, when it then starts to descend, touching the probe (or letting it collide with the bed) doesn't stop the movement downwards, and I have to emergency stop the printer. A lot of the advice I find online seems to be for an older version of marlin, as a lot of the things that used to be in Configuration.h that they say to change are not in the newer one.

On startup, the 3DTouch does move, doing its self test and the light stays on solid red. It doesn't respond to GCode commands like M280 P0 S90 though.

Does anyone have any ideas/steps for debugging?