[Solved] Card reading intermittent issues

Tparent

[Solved] Card reading intermittent issues

Post by Tparent » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Hello,

LCD is consistent with your SD card insertion / removal (meaning insertion SWITCH + PIN assignment are OK) BUT the content of the SD card is erratic, there are potentially 3 possible issues :
1. Card is defective. Does not happen so often, but still check that you formatted it in FAT32 and that the amount of entries is limited (below 10) and card is not full (there are no CRC on GCODE, meaning that a partial GCODE file will not be detected by the printer, it will just stop printing, no error)

2. SD flat cable is very close to the thermal dissipator (board side). Flat cable are not shielded by design and thermal dissipator are sticked on component which could create eletrical field/noise. Reroute the cable and check if it is solved. Same issue could happen for the display (other flat cable). Same solution will help to limit the issues with display filled with scramble caracters.

3. Power supply is generating noise on secondary (12 V) circuit. Seems to be strange but still logical. Most of the time, SD content is displayed well but when you turn the knob, list is becoming empty. It could also be during the print, vertical or horzontal draw line appears in an unexpected way. Replacing the power supply cursed both issues in my case. Did I was lucky ? No idea ;-)

Hope it helps

Thierry
i3 B + i3 C + i3 M201 + A10 + A10m + A30
(+3 x Kossel)
Mostly PLA

William
Site Admin

Re: [Solved] Card reading intermittent issues

Post by William » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am

:D Thanks for your share.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

BobbyChapel

Post by BobbyChapel » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Sometimes built-in card readers in computers need to be repaired or replaced. Inspect it and see if there's any physical damage. Use a spare SD card to test if the card reader can't detect any card that's plugged in. Faulty cables can cause card readers to stop working properly.

TargetPayandBenefits

tommyshelbyop

Post by tommyshelbyop » Sun May 30, 2021 4:33 am

BobbyChapel wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:10 pm
Sometimes built-in card readers in computers need to be repaired or replaced. Inspect it and see if there's any physical damage. Use a spare SD card to test if the card reader can't detect any card that's plugged in. Faulty cables can cause card readers to stop working properly.

McDVOICE
MyBKExperience
Liteblue

Most USB card readers automatically install drivers when you plug them in for the first time. However, manufacturers would often update their drivers to fix bugs or make improvements to their product. These updates are made publically available for download but would often go unnoticed.

Check with your card reader’s manufacturer if there are updates available and install if there are any. See if that will get rid of the problem.

carlymax

Post by carlymax » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. target pay and benefits

Melvin9788

Post by Melvin9788 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:17 pm

Tparent wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:43 pm
Hello,

LCD is consistent with your SD card insertion / removal (meaning insertion SWITCH + PIN assignment are OK) BUT the content of the SD card is erratic, there are potentially 3 possible issues : myloweslife
1. Card is defective. Does not happen so often, but still check that you formatted it in FAT32 and that the amount of entries is limited (below 10) and card is not full (there are no CRC on GCODE, meaning that a partial GCODE file will not be detected by the printer, it will just stop printing, no error)

2. SD flat cable is very close to the thermal dissipator (board side). Flat cable are not shielded by design and thermal dissipator are sticked on component which could create eletrical field/noise. Reroute the cable and check if it is solved. Same issue could happen for the display (other flat cable). Same solution will help to limit the issues with display filled with scramble caracters.

3. Power supply is generating noise on secondary (12 V) circuit. Seems to be strange but still logical. Most of the time, SD content is displayed well but when you turn the knob, list is becoming empty. It could also be during the print, vertical or horzontal draw line appears in an unexpected way. Replacing the power supply cursed both issues in my case. Did I was lucky ? No idea ;-)

Hope it helps

Thierry
Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues. It was truly informative. Your website is very helpful. Many thanks for sharing!

Henry17

Post by Henry17 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:52 pm

Thanks for these great tips. :D :D
Last edited by Henry17 on Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

topcar

Post by topcar » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:25 pm

The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee hpr comes standard with a 6.4-liter V8 SRT engine that develops 475 horsepower and 470 pounds. from the torque. https://www.gtopcars.com/makers/jeep/20 ... rokee-srt/