A30t each extruders calibration

BreeOge

Re: A30t each extruders calibration

Post by BreeOge » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:05 pm

I have a A20T and all the extruders were off a bit, and were never constant. I had huge stringing problems, and I mean huge. I changed my extruders to https://www.amazon.com/WINSINN-Extruder ... r=1-4&th=1 and OMG they are all inline and all my stringing went away. :shock: The Geeetech OEM extruders are junk, the reason I got different extruders was because when I would calibrate them, it was always too much or not enough, when you think you had it right, then test it again, it would be off.

BreeOge

Post by BreeOge » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:09 pm

kokko3d wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:39 am
my problem is different....
i have changed all 3 the extruder and i want a new e step value for all 3 the extruders... but when i change it it changes only extruder 0
the other 2 extruders are still with the old value.. so they are not working with my new extruders...
Do you have custom firmware? If so this may be activated in it.

Distinct E Factors
//#define DISTINCT_E_FACTORS
Enable DISTINCT_E_FACTORS if your extruders are not all mechanically identical. With this setting you can optionally specify different steps-per-mm, max feedrate, and max acceleration for each extruder.

kokko3d

Post by kokko3d » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:21 pm

BreeOge wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:09 pm
kokko3d wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:39 am
my problem is different....
i have changed all 3 the extruder and i want a new e step value for all 3 the extruders... but when i change it it changes only extruder 0
the other 2 extruders are still with the old value.. so they are not working with my new extruders...
Do you have custom firmware? If so this may be activated in it.

Distinct E Factors
//#define DISTINCT_E_FACTORS
Enable DISTINCT_E_FACTORS if your extruders are not all mechanically identical. With this setting you can optionally specify different steps-per-mm, max feedrate, and max acceleration for each extruder.
I wish it was some custom firmware available for the A30T..
Unlikely there is not..

BreeOge

Post by BreeOge » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:07 am

All of them have custom firmware, you have to compile it yourself. It uses marlin, you will need to DL marlin from https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin and use Visual Studio Code from here https://code.visualstudio.com/. Then edit the Configuration.h and configuration.adv.h. Visual studio has a plugin that you can get free at the visual studio marketplace to compile your own firmware. once you have changed the options and set the things you need in your config files, you compile it, and then use octoprint or repetier to upload it to the printer through usb. You will want to make a copy of your current EEPROM settings and when you configure the config file, put those setting in the proper places.

BreeOge

Post by BreeOge » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:13 am

If you still have the oem extruders by geeetech, you need to trash them, and get some duel gear extruders, the ones they put on the M & T models are junk, and cause 90% of your stringing issues. I wouldnt have believed it, if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I have a A20T and I had the extact same stringing problems. one of the main issues, it takes a lot of force for the Tri Hotend to push filament correctly, the extruders that come with them are not up to the task, also WAY too high geared.

nickscorpion

Post by nickscorpion » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:57 am

Hello everyone. The problem I have is that the extruders are extruding at different lengths. The first one extrudes 106mm, and the second and third 100mm. How to fix it? If you change the value, it changes for everyone and then the first one throws out 100mm, and the steel 94mm.

BreeOge

Post by BreeOge » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:48 am

nickscorpion wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:57 am
Hello everyone. The problem I have is that the extruders are extruding at different lengths. The first one extrudes 106mm, and the second and third 100mm. How to fix it? If you change the value, it changes for everyone and then the first one throws out 100mm, and the steel 94mm.
Buy new extruders thats what I did. fixed that problem.

nickscorpion

Post by nickscorpion » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:40 pm

BreeOge wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:48 am
nickscorpion wrote:
Thanks, I'll try. Then another question. Should buy a gear extruder or any one suitable?

BreeOge

Post by BreeOge » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:27 pm

nickscorpion wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:40 pm
BreeOge wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:48 am
nickscorpion wrote:
Thanks, I'll try. Then another question. Should buy a gear extruder or any one suitable?
I got a duel gear extruders, take note, if you get a right hand extruder, it will not line up with the filament runout sensor. I got a right hand, and I am just going to relocate the runout sensor with a printed bracket I am going to make. I am not 100% sure a left hand would be much better, the OEM extruders input are lower than other extruders, but you may be able to find one that works. But buying duel gear extruders did fix my issue, they all work the same now.

kokko3d

Post by kokko3d » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:09 pm

BreeOge wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:07 am
All of them have custom firmware, you have to compile it yourself. It uses marlin, you will need to DL marlin from https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin and use Visual Studio Code from here https://code.visualstudio.com/. Then edit the Configuration.h and configuration.adv.h. Visual studio has a plugin that you can get free at the visual studio marketplace to compile your own firmware. once you have changed the options and set the things you need in your config files, you compile it, and then use octoprint or repetier to upload it to the printer through usb. You will want to make a copy of your current EEPROM settings and when you configure the config file, put those setting in the proper places.
Are you talking about the A30T..
Because I don't think it works for it..
I have done that for all my other printers..
But for this there is not custom firmware yet..
Yes.. there is marlin ready for it.. but you can't use it because there is not the right firmware for the screen...
What I'm not understanding is if everybody here are talking about the A30T... Because on mine if I change the e steps value it only changes the first extruder that's it..