E180 Wifi - how to use? I mean REALLY use.

auttila

E180 Wifi - how to use? I mean REALLY use.

Post by auttila » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:07 pm

I have my E180 working. The EasyPrint 3D is not slicing, but I am using Simplify3D, and the prints are perfect. Then I started playing with wifi.

I got the connection working just fine. But what to do with it? Is it really meant to be used only for monitoring the printing process?

I can select the files to print from the card, but I will have to take the card off anyway, move it to my computer, transfer the files, walk back to the machine, and insert the card.

Of course I can select fancy ready-made models to print from the model library, but what if I want to print something I made? Is there any way to transfer the gcode files to printer using the app? Or can I connect to the printer from my computer via wifi?

In my opinion all other functionality in the app is irrelevant, only the possibility to transfer my own files wirelessly to the printer would be important. And I can't figure out a way to do it. If somebody knows how this is done, any help would be appreciated.

William
Site Admin

Re: E180 Wifi - how to use? I mean REALLY use.

Post by William » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Well
Thanks for your feedback!We will send suggestions to Geeetech enginer
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Deennoo

Post by Deennoo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Real improvement can be to use a ser2net server who can allow use to use printer from a computer true wifi connection without using your server, this can be really athe best solution, ser2net exist on a esp8266 and works really great

omar_yousry

Post by omar_yousry » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:55 pm

I agree, with this request, the Wifi module is actually useless for me, I like to print my own design, may be connect it also from PC not only the mobile app, at least a download to SD card function .
Please support us on that with new firmware upgrade