3D Touch / BL Touch

RepMike

3D Touch / BL Touch

Post by RepMike » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:14 am

Hi, I have a custom built i3 Rework with a Arduino Mega 2560 and a RAMPS 1.4 board. I wanted to add the 3Dtouch Auto Bed Leveling Sensor to the setup and I do not see it working. My question is what can I do/look at?

When I switch on the 3D printer, the PIN goes down/up twice and stays up and the LED lights up permanently. According to the docs, it is supposed to do that, but with 3 times down/up. However, when I enter any of these commands, the sensor is not responding at all:
  • M280 P0 S10 ; pushes the pin down
  • M280 P0 S90 ; pulls the pin up
  • M280 P0 S120 ; Self test – keeps going until you do pin up/down or release alarm
  • M280 P0 S160 ; Release alarm
Those options are appearing in the LCD menu as I have uncommented the following configuration entry:

Code: Select all

/**
 * The BLTouch probe uses a Hall effect sensor and emulates a servo.
 */
#define BLTOUCH
#if ENABLED(BLTOUCH)
  #define BLTOUCH_DELAY 375   // (ms) Enable and increase if needed
#endif
So far so good, looks good.
Then, I have defined the offsets:

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 5  // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 5  // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0   // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]
I've connected the servo cable with brown outside, red center, orange inside, the servo jumper is bridged/connected (5V and VCC connected) and the Endstop is connected to the outer 2 Endstop-PINS (I've checked the polarity, it complies with the docs).

>>> M115
SENDING:M115
FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin 1.1.1 (Github) SOURCE_CODE_URL:[github.com] PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:3D Printer EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 UUID:.....
Whe I issue an M119 for an Endstop status, I get the same result with either position of the PIN. The red LED is only lit up when the PIN is up.

The RAMPS board should get enough current, I have unsoldered the green connectors and have soldered on fat cables directly on the board, plus, there is an external Mosfet Board feeding the heatbed.

I've also tried setting these without success:

#define SERVO_ENDSTOPS {-1, -1, 0} // Servo index for X, Y, Z. Disable with -1
#define Z_SERVO_ANGLES {90,10}  // Z Servo Deploy and Stow angles
Do you have an idea how I can awake the sensor, get any signs of life? Otherwise I have to asume it being dead.
Thanks in advance for your valued help
Michael

RepMike

Re: 3D Touch / BL Touch

Post by RepMike » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:52 am

BTW, I've just measured the continuity between the two GND wires (Black and Brown) ... shouldn't they be directly connected to each other? I can measure around 1 kOhm between the two GND wires. That seems odd to me.