Z axis not moving A10T

Studulike

Z axis not moving A10T

Post by Studulike » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:52 am

Ok this is a real long one and I hope someone can help.
I purchased a Geetech A10T used a few days ago and it was a bit of a mess configuration wise. Someone has flashed the wrong firmware, burnt out the 3D Touch and jammed up the extruder.
I flashed the correct Geetech firmware, replaced the 3D Touch and dismantled the hotend. I managed to get everything working except the extruders worked in reverse for some reason. As the Geetech firmware was in Hex format only I was unable to alter the extruders.
I then decided to try Vert's Marlin 2 build and that seemed to have corrected the extruder direction but now when I try to level the bed or level corners the hotend won't move in a downward direction. When I select level. It seems that the Z axis works correctly as I can manually control the gantry up and down. The BL touch also self tests ok.
Any kind of help would be great as I am lost at this point. Maybe a step by step guide on setting up the firmware might help in case I missed something or did to much.
Thanks in advance.

William
Site Admin

Re: Z axis not moving A10T

Post by William » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi, if the Z-axis motor cannot work, it is recommended to replace the motor cable or the driver on the motherboard to see if there is a problem.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

forestlapointe

Post by forestlapointe » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:35 am

before you change any hardware on your printer have you tried adjusting your 3d touch? it could be that where the printer thinks 0 is is much higher up than it is. I wouldn't recommend altering the hardware on the printer until you've done a fair bit of googling on your issue, I had many problems setting up the A10T, but all of them could be fixed via making small adjustments or making changes to the firmware with (it's suggested to use arduino 1.8.5, but no newer versions, but I've also heard visual studio works.)

Slith1988

Post by Slith1988 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:48 pm

I am very happy to read your article. I spent an hour reading some interesting articles and finally, I found your wonderful article. So, you can check my-assignment.help/accounting-assignment-help and get more techniques to complete their assignments. Your writing skills are excellent and respected. I want to continue to share articles and media blogs to make people happy.