A20M Enlarged built room - Firware help needed

Tilapia

A20M Enlarged built room - Firware help needed

Post by Tilapia » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:58 pm

Dear A20M comunity

I have done several upgrades to my A20M (e.g. switch to TMC2208 stepper drivers, added bl-touch etc.) - all works perfectly, exept one nasty problem that I am unable to fix:

I have also exchanged the standard Z axis 2040-profiles with longer ones (of a CR-10 pro/CRX) which should allow me to print taller objects. Instead of only 250 mm, I would like to print objects up to 400 mm - at least, that was the my idea. All wires are extended and connected properly, also mechanically everything is running smoothly up to 400 mm, but the printer doesn't allow me to print higher than the original 250 mm. The settings in the slicing software are adapted to the new correct high. The print of a taller object continues, but Z is not moving beyond 250 mm of hight (no mechanical problem), so the prints are being destroyed at 250 mm. If I try to move the Z axis using the usual commands with the control wheel of the printer, it also limits the high to 250 mm. My conclusion: There must be a corresponding 250 mm limit value somewhere in the firmware.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer only offers a hex-firmware-file in which I cannot change this value (at least, I did not succeed yet). I followed several youtube instructions on Marlin, Arduino etc. but as I'm not a software-programmer and don't want to upgrade Marlin (I have stock Marlin 1.1.8 on my machine with Mainboard 4.0 which is just fine with me), I don't get on with my problem at all. Is there somebody in the community who can do the trick for me and provide me with an adappted hex file? I'm running the firmware file A20M_G05_V1.1.8_2-3DTOUCH on my machine just now, the hidden 250 limit code should just be changed to 400 without any other change to the original file...

I would be very greatful if somebody could help...

Kind regards
Hans

Tilapia

Re: A20M Enlarged built room - Firware help needed

Post by Tilapia » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:33 pm

Thank you for the info.

I found the the original firmware file A20M_Marlin-1.1.x12864.zip in the web, did the modification in the Configuration.h file and upload the compiled firmware following the instructions in the video https://youtu.be/o1QKSgnk_ig to my printer. Works perfectly, mission accomplished.

Thanks and kind regards
Hans