Changing extruders from plastic to metal

bionicback321

Changing extruders from plastic to metal

Post by bionicback321 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:40 pm

I just purchased an A20M last week and I'm looking into whether I can replace the plastic extruder with an all metal one. I did the with my Ender-3 and it worked out great (granted, they are the same basic design). In the reviews, a buyer of the same extruder said he used it on his A20M and all he did was change the e-steps value from around 400 to something like 95 or 100. My question, is it possible to flash new firmware to the GT2560 (does it have a bootloader?) and what version of firmware is it running? Marlin? Or something else? If it's Marlin, which version is loaded on the A20M? I might be able to change the e-steps in my printer control software (MC) and not have to mess with Marlin at all. There just isn't a whole lot of information on the GEEETECH website. I've downloaded Marlin 2.0 and I'm going to install the Arduino IDE software in case I need to edit the .h files. I use Matter Control software on my Ender-3 and I hope to be able to use it on the A20M. I haven't put the A20M together yet so I'm trying to figure out if this is something that is possible to do. I don't even know if it's running Marlin. Guess I should put it together and find out. Has anyone tried changing their plastic extruders to metal ones?