SOLVED: A20 doesn't start printing (BL Touch issue)

Scolaro

SOLVED: A20 doesn't start printing (BL Touch issue)

Post by Scolaro » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:30 am

Hi there,

Finally I've set up, updated and leveled the A20 again, but when I was ready to print from SD card the timer bar started, but not the print. Once the timer bar was filled up completely (seemingly having finished with the print) the extruder went to the start position and the display read "A20 ready".
I couldn't fathom what the problem was, but ran the failsafe and the initial setup twice - same result. Also switched out the gcode file on the SD card, just in case. No error message, just the printer "dreaming" of creating the print.

Only when I connected the A20 with the PC and Repetier-Host and tried to print from there did I finally receive a (fatal) error message:
"STOP called because of BL Touch error - restart with M999"

I tried resetting and self-testing the BL Touch, but it doesn't seem to have an effect. Is there anything I can do apart from removing/replacing the BL Touch?
Thank you very much!
Attachments
A20_fatalerror.png
A20_fatalerror.png (15.38 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
Last edited by Scolaro on Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scolaro

Re: A20 doesn't start printing (BL Touch issue)

Post by Scolaro » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:23 am

Mhm. I'm not sure what happened, but after going through all of the BL Touch option several times it seems to be working again.
Sorry for the bother!

richieadam12

Re: SOLVED: A20 doesn't start printing (BL Touch issue)

Post by richieadam12 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:43 pm

Finally I've set up, updated and leveled the A20 again, but when I was ready to print from SD card the timer bar started, but not the print.

Once the timer bar was filled up completely seemingly having finished with the print the extruder went to the start position and the display read "A20 ready".

I couldn't fathom what the problem was, but ran the failsafe and the initial setup twice same result.

Also switched out the gcode file on the SD card, just in case. No error message, just the printer "dreaming" of creating the print.

cosimafern12

Re: SOLVED: A20 doesn't start printing (BL Touch issue)

Post by cosimafern12 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:03 pm

Finally I've set up, updated and leveled the A20 again, but when I was ready to print from SD card the timer bar started, but not the print. Once the timer bar was filled up completely seemingly having finished with the print the extruder went to the start position and the display read "A20 ready".

I couldn't fathom what the problem was, but ran the failsafe and the initial setup twice same result.
Also switched out the gcode file on the SD card, just in case. No error message, just the printer "dreaming" of creating the print.

Only when I connected the A20 with the PC and Repetier-Host and tried to print from there did I finally receive a fatal error message
STOP called because of BL Touch error restart with M999"

I tried resetting and self-testing the BL Touch, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.